(see upcoming workshops listed below!)
The Hamazons enjoying sharing the fun and creative process of improv! In our workshops we begin by creating a safe environment so students can feel comfortable to take risks and make mistakes. Through ensemble building games we create a net of safety and fun.
We have experience in teaching all age groups from children to adults and combinations therein.
We can design a workshop to fit your specific needs. Through improv games, exercises and laughter, individuals and groups will find new ways of interacting and having fun. For instance, here are some of the dynamic points that improv brings to the forefront:
- Make positive choices and statements.
- Mistakes can be gifts.
- Make your partner look good.
- Follow your instincts.
- Be changed.
- Keep your promises.
- Move into the future.
- Conflict doesn’t need to be brought in, (it will find its own way!).
- Pay attention. Watch. Listen.
The Hamazons can help you find the path to your spontaneity and self-discovery. When you’re having a good time you can take the risks that will further your creativity!
Improv Workshop with Cil Stengel This workshop is great for beginners and experienced improvisers alike.
- WHEN: Saturday, September 16 TIME: 12:00 to 3:00
- WHERE: The Bellview Grange, 1050 Tolman Creek Road, Ashland
- COST: $30 before Sept. 6, $35 after Sept 6
Improv 2 with Eve Smyth Moving deeper into scene work, character development, and bringing the narrative. Upping your game. Keeping the fun factor high.
- WHEN: 8 weeks, Sept 28 – Nov 16
- TIME: Thursdays from 7:00 to 9:00pm
- WHERE: The Dance Space, 280 E. Hersey St. #10, Ashland
- COST: $160
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further info and to reserve your spot for these workshops.